Barbara1951

Barbara1951

The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 4) - Rick Riordan Lots of thoughts.

As I drove into work today (one of the primary reasons I started with audiobooks--I don't mind delays anymore in an urban setting), whereever I was in the book made me think that reading ("manually") is such an intrinsic part of my life, and has been since I was a young child, that I have forgotten the real visceral joy of it. I am grateful that this book has reminded me/given that back to me.

The parody (unfortunately NOT so much a parody) of education these days was hysterically (in all its senses) funny (to one who is and has been immersed in education--vocationally as well as avocationally--all my life).

The environmental message is pretty much "beat you over the head, repeatedly and hard" for adults. But as a tree hugger myself :-) I am delighted with the message to kids...those in awareness as well as years.

This is a really wonderful book (although I admit the first half was making me regret I thought I could give three stars at best; keep reading).